Friday, November 19, 2010

Why Is This Being Researched?

It's after midnight, and I should have been in bed an hour ago.

It's absolutely because of possible that this is due to the 24 oz Mountain Dew Amp (read: the liquid that I am attempting to replace my blood with) that I drank after wrestling the kids into bed so that I could get my homework done on time. Tonight was extra special amusing, of course, because X-Ray decided that he wanted to sleep in the bathtub, and while I was trying to lure him out with my super warm towel that would help him to stop shivering while lying in said bathtub, Joey decided that tonight would be the perfect night to practice his new cartoon running in place maneuver every time I asked him to please get out of the bathroom. Me thinks too much Scooby Doo?



Seriously. That spot at the end where Scooby is running on air? That's exactly what it looked like. Except for the part about being on air (because he hasn't figured out how to do it yet) and therefore very, very loud.

Anyway, after finally convincing X-Ray that lying shivering in an empty bathtub in the fetal position was not the best place to be, I managed to get them both into bed after a long and drawn-out process which may or may not have included reminding myself to laugh at them someday when they're trying to put their own children to bed.

Homework time. Hence, the massive amounts of caffeine at a much later hour than I usually indulge in. I try to keep myself on a fairly strict "as much caffeine as I can force myself to drink before 6:30, and then no more" schedule, but after a long work day and a stressful bedtime extravaganza, there was no way I was going to get any work done that my teacher wouldn't have sent back with a 0, possibly inquiring as to whetherI needed a reminder that complete sentences tend to be a requirement for college-level work.

Since, however, I am wide awake and am trolling YouTube, I came across this little gem that pinged my WTF bone.



Really? Because this just seems like one of those things that is a total waste of money (or at least marshmallows). Especially because they simply could have asked a bunch of Mom's how their kids will react if they are placed with a tempting object in a room with nothing else. Seriously. This video showed me what I already know.

Some kids, when offered a bribe, will bide their time and wait for the maximum amount of goodies.

Some kids will pretty much let you know that your bribe can kiss their tuckus and enjoy sweet marshmallow-ey goodness because waiting sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment