Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

It's November.

The Halloween craze is finally over, and with it comes the beginning of my favorite time of year. Despite my maturity, I still find myself excited the first time I walk into a store and see the seasonal goodies stocked by the stores. I have a feeling that no matter how long I live, I will always have the same type of glee and anticipation that comes with purchasing these goodies and taking them home with me.

It's Egg Nog Season.

This is what sustains me this time of year, when stores around the world are getting rid of their excess candy and bringing in new merchandise for yet another holiday season that is sure to result in record-breaking profits and sound-barrier-breaking screeches from my toddlers if they so much as glimpse at a toy aisle. After my children have finally gotten to sleep and I rush headlong into yet one more night of insomnia, restlessness, and the inevitable sleep-deprivation morning to follow, I can sit down and enjoy bliss for a few moments.

And I can pretty much guarantee that if they ever start infusing it with caffeine, I'll keep the egg nog companies in business single-handedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment